Welcome to our school website,
Dear Parents and Friends,
Welcome to our school website which we hope you will find both useful and informative. We are a happy school with a fundamental commitment to the well-being and academic development of each and every child. We believe that it is vitally important for home and school to work together; it is by working together positively that we achieve the best for our children. You will find all our staff and governors, very approachable and always keen to answer any queries or concerns you may have as well as welcoming any support you are able to give.
We provide a creative, proactive and experiential curriculum and our aims are:
- To provide a welcoming, secure and happy school where value and respect is given to individual worth and self-esteem.
- To promote the highest levels of achievement and behaviour to enable all pupils to reach their full potential.
- To provide opportunities for the development of creativity.
- To provide investigative learning opportunities to allow children to develop adaptability in thought and action.
- To work in partnership with parents, the community and other agencies to ensure the healthy growth and progression of children within our care.
- To adhere to the agreed safeguarding policy and procedures.
These aims are central to all aspects of school life and are embedded in our daily practice. Through these we make sure that every child is valued and self-worth is nurtured fully. We want our children to leave our school as confident, self-assured individuals with the skills to enable them to continue to achieve emotional well-being, academic and social success.
We look forward to making this journey with you.
Princetown Primary School is a local authority community school and a full member of the Tavistock Cooperative Learning Trust ‘learning without limits.’ We have a lovely historic building, constructed in 1863, which over the years has been updated to provide spacious and modern accommodation for our children.
The children enjoy learning through stimulating topic themes that link subjects and inspire an ‘active learning’ approach. We promote a healthy life style and the children have the opportunity to participate in and enjoy a wide range of activities.
Princetown is a caring and inclusive school and we encourage parents and the local community to get involved in school life.
If you would like to arrange a visit please contact Linda Critchley in the school office.
The doors open at 8.45am and school begins at 8.55am.
The children have a morning break at 10:30am for 15 minutes and a fruit snack is available to all children.
Lunch is served at 12pm with playtime until 1pm.
The school day finishes at 3.15pm.